For lovers of early and medium-sized tomatoes, breeders have deduced a large variety of hybrids. Some are distinguished by high yields, but rather fastidious enough in care, others can only grow in a certain soil, even for some special fertilizers are needed. The tomato Aphrodite differs from them in many points, the description of the characteristics of the variety will help you to deal with all the nuances.
Description and characteristics of the variety Aphrodite
Aphrodite belongs to the early ripe hybrids, from planting seedlings to picking the first fruits passes from 80 to 100 days. Sam shtamb medium height. The maximum can reach one and a half meters in height.
The bush has abundant vegetation, there are many leaves on it and they are often located. Inflorescences consist of 4-6 fruits, there are enough of them on the plant. Tomatoes have a bright red color when mature, each fruit weighs at least 100 g and has 3 seed chambers. An important distinction of the variety is the absence of a yellow-green spot in the stem of the ripe fruit.Tomato Aphrodite
Grow a hybrid in open ground and in greenhouses. Some gardeners claim that the plant grows well and develops on the balconies.
The tomato has a high immunity against various diseases and pests, has several F1 hybrids.
The yield of the variety is high, up to 17 kg of fruits of excellent quality can be obtained per square meter in the open space, this indicator is slightly lower in the greenhouse.
Tomato Aphrodite and other F1 hybrids are the brainchild of domestic breeders. The variety was bred by Ural biologists, it was officially registered in 2010. A relatively young tomato was quickly able to witness the disposition of gardeners all over the country, he was immediately loved by southerners and more northern agronomists.
The hybrid is rather picky in weather conditions, but gardeners of almost all regions have learned how to grow it successfully:
- Crimea, the Caucasus, Belgorod, Voronezh, Astrakhan regions cultivate Aphrodite in the open field;
- the middle lane provides for periodic covering in spring of the beds with tomatoes of this sort with a film;
- the northern regions practice agro-technology in greenhouse conditions, which is no less effective.
Advantages and disadvantages
The tomato Aphrodite, like other vegetables, has its advantages, they include:
- Fast and friendly fruiting.
- Approximately the same size and weight of fruits on one brush.
- Good storage and transportation of ripened tomatoes.
- Good immunity to various diseases of this plant species.
- Excellent taste.
- Resistance varieties to cracking overripe fruit.
- Good yield.
Among the shortcomings can be identified:
- The need for garter adult plants.
- Regular staving
- Special requirements for temperature.
- The need to regularly make subcortex and fertilizer.
Growing tomatoes of this variety is not much different from the cultivation of others. It is characterized by such steps:
- First of all, seedlings are germinated from seedlings. For this, nutrient primer and containers are prepared in advance. A universal substrate from a flower shop, mixed with peat in a ratio of 1:10, is perfect. Plastic or wooden boxes of arbitrary sizes are used as containers.
The procedure itself begins with the heating of the soil and soaking of seeds. To do this, pour the substrate into the selected containers and hold it at room temperature for at least 5-6 hours.Germinated seeds
Soaking grains should be taken responsibly, the degree of germination depends on this. The best method is pretreatment of seeds with a weak solution of potassium permanganate, which disinfects the seeds and nourishes with the necessary moisture. The procedure should last at least 12 hours, and if you put a container with seeds under the freezer, it will also harden them.
After that, the seeds are sown on the surface of the soil and covered with a layer of 1 cm of the same substrate. Abundantly watered and sent to a warm and bright place. Subject to all the nuances of seedlings will seem in a week.
- After the appearance of the second pair of true leaves, the seedlings need to dive. This is best done in separate containers for each plant. Soil is taken the same, in the process of transplanting it is worth a bit to pinch off the central root of each trunk. Watering will accelerate the engraftment of tomatoes. And they can be planted in open ground after the threat of frost has passed in the region.
- Planting in open ground is no different from planting other varieties of tomatoes. It is better to do it in a transshipment way in order to minimally injure the rhizome. Holes should be the size of a lump of earth with a trunk. Abundant watering is only a couple of times after the landing, it is desirable to slightly shade the stem for a few days after the procedure.
After that, the plant begins to grow and develop independently, but in order to get a decent harvest for each bush of tomatoes, Aphrodite needs care. Carry it out like this:
- feeding and mineral fertilizers are regularly introduced;
- tie up the bush to the pre-established supports;
- pinch excess leaves and shoots, forming two or three main stem;
- periodically loosen the soil and remove weeds;
- sometimes mulching with sawdust is required.
Diseases and pests
Tomato Aphrodite has a strong immunity to most diseases that can affect tomatoes. But a couple of sprays Bordeaux mixture does not place.
As for pests. That shtamb is especially to the taste of the Colorado potato beetle. It is necessary to fight this, otherwise you can lose both the stumps and the harvest. For this you need:
- Planted plants away from the beds with potatoes.
- Regularly inspect the stem for the presence of a pest.
- Periodically spray products against this pest.
This will help preserve the plants and get a rich harvest.Colorado beetle
Features of fruiting
The variety Aphrodite is classified as high-yielding, but this is not always the case. High performance will be achieved with:
- sufficient heat and light;
- moderate watering;
- proper soil properties;
- no pests.
If you do not follow these rules, then get a decent reward for the work will not succeed.Tomatoes with ripening fruits
The tomato Aphrodite fully corresponds to its name, the stem is a bit capricious, like the goddess herself, but the beauty and excellent taste of the early fruits fully compensate for this.