In the spring, this beautiful tree pleases us with its magnificent flowering and stunning aroma, and in the summer gives us its delicious fruits. It turns out these little red berries are just a storehouse with vitamins.. Let us consider in more detail what is the use of cherries, and what could be the harm to human health.
Fruit or berry?
A very interesting question that stumps many of us. But still, we will find the answer. Turning to the botany, remember, what is such a fruit? A fruit is a fruit of a plant with seeds inside, with the help of which it multiplies. In our case, the seeds are bones. So cherry, in spite of its small size is a fruit, refers to the type of stone fruit..
The composition of cherries, beneficial properties for the human bodyCherries contain many beneficial vitamins.
Nature has given this wonderful fruit a lot of nutrients and vitamins.
- organic acids - folic, pantothenic;
- macro and microelements - potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, iodine, iron and others;
- plenty of vitamin - A, B, C, E, PP, N.
Just an incredible amount of elements contained in such a small sour berry.
Despite the huge content of vitamins and minerals, cherries are low in calories. 100 grams of pulp contains only 52 kcal. So for those who want to get a good dose of useful elements, but do not want to get better - cherry is an excellent choice.
The benefits of cherry berries and medicinal decoctions of twigs and tree bark
Besides the fact that eating cherries is a great way to supplement your body with vitamins, you can also help it cope with illnesses. Also, this fruit and its leaves are widely used in cosmetology.
The cardiovascular systemCherry is called heart berry
For this system of our body, sour berry is an indispensable therapeutic tool. Due to the high content of vitamin P, coumarin and oxycoumarin, eating cherries will help strengthen the cardiovascular system. Namely:
- normalizes blood clottingreduces the risk of blood clots and angina;
- with high blood pressurewill help him to bounce back;
- strengthens blood vessels and capillaries;
- supports blood formation function;
- lowers the content cholesterol.
Cherry is also called "heart berry", and this is not because of the red color, but thanks to the enormous benefits for the cardiovascular system.
- eating cherry fruit will help deal with constipation;
- Cherry juicewill prevent dysentery pathogens;
- cherry good whets the appetite;
- woody sap from a tree (popularly called glue), used in inflammatory processes of the stomach.
- in traditional medicine with arthritis use cherry juice, sometimes with the addition of milk;
- in the treatment of gout, the use of cherries enhances the effect of the medications taken;
- with radiculitis use a decoction of bark and twigs of a tree, which will help to cope with the pain during an attack.
- water infusion cherries are used as a sedative;
- bark decoction ease the state with neurosis.
- high content of vitamins and minerals prevent beriberi;
- Vitamin C content will help strengthen immunity generally.
Fight against coldCherry juice is good for colds.
- when coughing you can drink cherry juice, it is an excellent expectorant;
- cherry juice possesses antipyretic effect, it is recommended to drink at high temperature.
Children love this fruit so much, so please their juicy berries and cherry juices. Cherry contains iron, which is easily absorbed by the child's body. Also, the use of cherries helps to increase hemoglobin. If the child has disturbed sleep, and he is too agitated, it is recommended to drink cherry juice, it has a sedative effect. Still, this delicious juice will help reduce heat.
Eating berries reduces the risk of varicose extensions. During menopause, regular consumption of cherries will help to cope with uncomfortable sensations. Antioxidant properties of cherries, slow down the aging process. Juice and fruit pulp are part of many cosmetics.
Pregnant womenCherry contains large amounts of iron.
For women in an interesting position, cherries will help to cope with anemia, due to the high iron content. It will also increase the level of hemoglobin in the blood. The content of folic acid in cherries is very important for the development of the baby, especially in the first trimester of pregnancy. Of course, a huge amount of various vitamins will also be useful for the future mom and her baby.
Cherry in cosmetology
- Whitening Grind a few berries of cherry by adding a couple of drops of lemon juice and 2 teaspoons of cream. Apply on face for 15 minutes, rinse with water.
- From wrinkles. A tablespoon of pulp + a tablespoon of viburnum juice + ayahnah spoon of honey. All well mix and grind. Apply on face for 10 minutes, rinse with water.
- Normalization of complexion. Pounded cherry pulp mixed with pounded raspberries and strawberries, all components of 1 tablespoon. The resulting mixture is applied for 15-20 minutes on the face, rinse with water.
For shiny curls, wash the head with a decoction of the branches of the cherry.
During the diet, the body lacks a vitamin. An introduction to the diet of cherries will help get all the necessary vitamins. Also, a frequent companion of diets are constipation. Eating cherries and cherry juice will help solve this problem.
Sour fruits will help remove excess waste and toxins from the body. To all this, Cherry is a low-calorie product, but still, you should not abuse.
Contraindications to the use
Despite the usefulness of the fruit, there are contraindications that can not be neglected. Eating cherries can be harmful for such diseases:
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, especially with a stomach ulcer;
- high acidity;
- lung disease (inflammatory).
Cherry Corrodes Tooth EnamelTo prevent this, after consuming the acidic fruit, it is necessary to rinse the mouth well.
The benefits and harm of fresh cherry and dried leaves
The cherry tree is amazing, not only fruits are useful in it, but also leaves. To make tea, the leaves need to be collected in May, when they just blossomed. It is then that they have the most useful properties. Even if they are dried, it will not affect their components, so feel free to stock up on dried leaves for the whole year.The leaves of the cherry contain many nutrients as in the berries
They contain almost all the vitamins and mineral elements that are found in fruits, namely: A, many from group B, C, pectins, folic acid, calcium, potassium, and others.
From the cherry leaves they prepare not only tasty and fragrant, but also healthy tea. Due to its diuretic effect, it will help to cope with some kidney diseases, cleaning them of toxins.. For a better effect, make a decoction of the leaves.
Also the leaves of this tree will help stop small bleeding. For this clean and slightly softened sheet attached to the wound.
There are no contraindications to the use of cherry leaves.. But if you decide to use them as a treatment for diseases, you should consult with your doctor.
This fruit is indispensable in cooking, thanks to its special taste with sourness. It produces very tasty syrups, jams, jams. Also berries are added to pastries.
The most amazing thing is that when freezing cherries they almost never lose their beneficial components.. Therefore, boldly freeze these fruits and delight your family with them all year round.
- Frozen Cherry
- Cherry jam
- Cherry pie
Cherries are very, very useful, it has been known for a long time. You do not have this tree in the garden? Be sure to plant and enjoy the spring beautiful flowering, and in the summer a tasty harvest. There is no such possibility, purchase already collected fruits in stores.If you have no contraindications to its use, be sure to eat at least 5 kg per season..